Our immunity is the body’s defence and repair system.
We have an innate ability to keep ourselves free from infection and disease.
This year, it is a hot topic as we look to keep ourselves healthy in the light of COVID. Having a healthy immune system is also essential to create immunity from the vaccine too.
My top tips to a healthy immune system:
1) Sleep for 7.5 – 9 hours every night.
2) Manage your stress well and eliminate hurry.
3) Eat a whole food diet and avoid highly processed foods.
4) Take a Vitamin D supplement all year around.
5) Focus on foods that feed your gut microbiome.
6) Getting moving!
Dr Sally Bell is a Medical Doctor focusing on personalised health care, seeking to get to the root of illness and using nutrition and lifestyle to reverse disease. She works alongside the Hampton Clinic Team.